Last Updated: August 16, 2021
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways:
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Use of Google Analytics. Our Site uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. Please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information about Google Analytics and how your data may be collected or processed.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve the Site, our products, and our services.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share personal information to comply with laws.
- We may share personal information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share personal information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share personal information with those who need it to do work for us, including our affiliates.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with our affiliates.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security procedures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep and maintain the information confidential. After a transaction, your personal private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than sixty (60) days.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you nonmarketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at our address:
William E. Schmidt Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 6783
Evansville, IN 4771